I'm going to be lazy here and just let the data do the talking...
OK, fine. I'll provide some context.
- Fall 1998 - Sophomore year of college begins (Freshman year was pretty low-key and not very eventful)
- September 1999 - Military service begins (this has nothing to do with the large amount of strength training that I was doing)
- August 2002 - Marriage
- Spring 2003 - First endurance event - 30KM ruck march race outside Tuzla, BiH (Dancon) Full combat gear with ruck. Finished in under 4-hours. Could not walk for the next 3 days. Returned home shortly after, and moved to Oregon.
- Fall 2003 - Decide I want to be a runner, and Napa Valley marathon might be a good first race.
- Spring 2004 - Start marathon training, work up quickly to half-marathon distance, followed almost immediately by overuse injury
- October 2004 - Kids
- Summer 2005 - Move back to MN
- Summer 2006 - Psychiatrist prescribes Depakote to treat manic symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Fall 2008 - Depakote use discontinued, replaced by Lamictal
- Spring 2009 - Join neighborhood fantasy baseball league, start a Bierstick Facebook page shortly after
- Late 2010 - Begin cross country skiing in order to deal with the brutality of MN winters
- Summer 2012 - Warrior Dash
- Summer 2013 - Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder
- Fall 2013 - Woodsy (fall in love with the trails, read Born to Run shortly after)
- February 2014 - Shitty day at work, decide to enter into a serious relationship with distance running
- June 2014 - First marathon (Grandma's, 4:34)
- October 2014 - First ultra (Surf the Murph 50-mile, DNF at 34 miles)
- April 2015 - First ultra finish (Zumbro midnight 50-mile)
- June 2015 - FANS 24 hour (91.7 miles)
- September 2015 - Superior 50-miler (The "A" race of 2015)
- October 2015 - Second road marathon (Twin Cities, 3:55)
Where to go from here? FORWARD.